Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Finding Analogies Within Electrical Circuit Designs: Op-Amps and Resistor/Transistor Networks

Personally, I don't have any kind of a study space like of a doctoral candidate or my grandfather, so I'll just continue to leave my little notes here, hoping I may not never be able to touch back to any of these superficially trivial items.

Here's an observation I've made today, such that might be illustrative of a concept of finding analogies within electrical circuit designs -- towards the old (?) concept or renovating the original CADR Lisp Machine schematic, for application in contemporary microcircuit designs, and there to implement CADR's very small handfull of microinstructions.

In another regards, this may serve to illustrate how a transistorized circuit element can be implemented with fewer components than an analogous, "Black box" circuit element.

Candidly, as a student of the course that I'd published this observation to, I am a little bothered if we're still tooling around with designs from a however earlier epoch in technological development. If there's anything common in that core, I think it's a little out-dated, but it's where I'll now derive my fundamental knowledge of electronics from, in any formal regards. I do somehow look forward to the long un-learning/re-learning phase that I know must follow on this time, if I would pursue any sort of a career in electronics -- not so much looking forward to the indefinite time between, from now until if I'll ever have completed a degree in simple mathematics. I hope that such a study may be of help towards the un-learning/re-learning phase, as denoted -- but then again, I'm none too eager to develop any new consumer gadgets for the market, and uncertain whether or not all the world is gone to consumerism.


Theoretically, an inverting op-amp can be implemented within a digital logic circuit, for providing an effective one-bit logical inverter, via an op-amp.

In a broad sense, a transistor with collector resistor -- with output from the collector terminal -- such a component may be viewed as it being analogous to an op-amp. In an analysis of the current flow within such a component, the collector resistor would provide an equivalent resistance for (1) the inverting input resistance to the op-amp and (2) the input/output bridge resistance between the effective inverting input and output terminals of the inverting op-amp. Effectively, the collector resistor in such a component would serve in both roles, simultaneously.

Works Consulted:

No comments:

Post a Comment