Monday, June 8, 2015

Thank you, world wide technical help desk

Not to be too awfully opaque, as a student of an electronics and computing program at a certain institution conventionally denoted as a university, I've been studying some topics of electronics and computing, within and in parallel to, if not furthermore in support to a formal program about the same. In forwarding on my own individual and personal experiences in communications and software applications -- moreover, in focusing on something of a sense of small enterprise, albeit while studying presumably in an audience of corporate enterprise, at the same institution -- personally, I've been trying to focus on "Small data," not reading too much into the "Big data" of any characteristically corporate statistical estimates.

My being of an impression that, in the highly politicized world, I must naturally expect any reader in the general web readership to make a manner of a political character of estimation of my own, simple writing -- that, in and after my own previous experiences with web readership, in online communications -- and though I cannot even possibly estimate the variety of every character of estimation that my own simple writing may be met by, but of course I try to be cautious. As one approach towards being moderately cautious in online communications, I like to not too quickly get around to any specific manner of a point.

This characteristically rambling style that I write with, most often, in online communications -- in  that much -- this "Rambling" is, by all means, a deliberate choice of style. I do hope that my comment, in the following, will not be thought rude in all its plain sense of candor: In a simple sense, if a reader may not wish to "Stick around" until I may get to the point, in any single matter, then I would not wish to trouble the reader to continue with my writing. I do sincerely hope that that may be estimated as fair.

#TLDW ? W as in "Writing", even in writing for a consumerist web, if that's simply how the culture is, these days.

As a writer, I try to take at least a small amount of time before I may even begin to write any single thesis article. Certainly, as a participant in social networking services, in the small-media and whatsoever space-limited forums of any manner of social networking web log or microblog, I may not be able to write out an entire article, in every article I've ever written, if to simply share an observation. Furthermore, in social networking, perhaps I sometimes verge on developing a hasty style of communication, indefinitely. I'm afraid that my writing, sometimes, might be mistaken, ever, in the character of the jib in any single article, but what can I do as a writer, for the ever demanding natures of communications?

Here, sure, I had wanted to simply write an article about Help Desks -- such as to develop a metaphor as of Web as Help Desk, in a sense perhaps seldom heard of, of a range of experiences however far informed of some lengthy personal experiences with networks in free, open communications, namely the Internet Relay Chat (IRC) forums hosted by Freenode. I cannot imagine that most Freenode Help Desk supporters may be inclined to write about the experience, and happily so. Personally, I would not want to verge to far from a plain, capital sense of matters in denoting that some many people working in free/open source software development may have already subscribed, whether formally or informally, to a sort of social contract, such as the Debian Social Contract, It is not to forsake that document, that I personally have taken up a study about FreeBSD, as a component to my studies about electronics and computing, focusing on communications and designs of discrete electronics, with a big heart for all of the mathematics of the same.

FreeBSD, simply, is more truly "Free" to my point of view, contrasted to the GPL.

So, but personally I understand that there's been a veritable social wealth developed in software licensed under terms of the GPL and its numerous variations, including the LGPL and suchforth -- limited in however as to how far that social wealth ever can be practically applied. Today, the Linux kernel itself -- as the kernel of the Android platform -- is already powering the appliances of a large, significant portion of the mobile appliances market, on so many GSM and CDMA radio networks.

Personally, I'd happily leave it to the cellular phone service providers, that those aren't the only digital radio protocols around, in the universe. It's not to threaten their market share, that I observe as so -- AX.25 and so on, golly. Personally, I'm not sure if T-Mobile would even begin to consider the possibilities -- that, beyond the formal, consumer media markets -- beyond the consumer media, rather towards M2M communications, in a context of the "Internet of Things" (IoT) and the conceptual leadership of circuit element designs developed by companies such as Freescale, a division of Motorola. If pressed to a wager, I'd wager that  they -- Motorola -- may know a lot about communications in a digital domain.

Personally, I do sincerely hope that such a simple observation as that may not need to be prefaced with 20 pages of thesis article. Motorola is a company I would personally trust about their content with regards to IoT designs.

Does the reader necessarily trust me, to my observation as such? Should I worry, at that? I understand, there is a concept of Trust, in the world. I think, it is a concept that cannot all be measured in static bits. If the reader may wish to verify my simple statement, in the previous, I'm certain there's a veritable academic wealth of content published about IoT. Personally, I can recall the novelty of something so -- I would say -- odd as a battery-powered IoT bicycle lock. Innovative, somehow? but why would I want to latch my bicycle onto a battery powered device? Is it to  make it seem any more like a classier transport, but I think it is classy enough already? Sure, it'll never be as classy a Goodyear. Myself, I prefer to use non-battery-operated locks. However convenient my car's little electronic lock system might seem, I think there are some things that perhaps don't need to be driven by a microcontroller -- a matter of personal preference in bicycle locks, perhaps?

Here I go rambling, again, hm?  Personally, I've never been good at making succinct, pointed introductions in any media -- especially, if the proverbial rear wheel of my proverbial literary bicycle keeps hopping into a corporate rut, as here today -- the "Hacker rut," if I may denote that so succinctly. It's not anywhere I consider I should either want or need to be, though there's ever at least seemed to be a hint towards anything of a sense of a warmer gravity to things, around free/open source software -- a warmer sense than "Zombie cold," so to speak -- until post-2010. What happened, I don't know, and I'm not one try to to guess.

So, in and among all things under the sun, there's an operating system kernel named FreeBSD.

To the single point of this article? Thank you, world wide technical help desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment