Thursday, January 8, 2015

Language - Russian - Notes

In an effort to broaden my own sense of cultural literacy, I've begun studying the Russian language, this year. I've collected three primary literary resources that I will be applying, in this study:

The first item -- a resource published by Penguin -- it is comprised of a single book. The second and third items -- both, published by Hodder & Stoughton -- are boxed sets, each, of CDs and a book. Although, personally, I've manged to separate some of the CDs and books from their respective containers, in the last two items -- now having kept one booklet and one CD still in a box in storage, in a locale presently half a state away from me, candidly -- but with the three resources together, and in applying some web-based resources, also, I'm certain that I should be able to develop something of a meaningful a study with those resources, regardless.

Of course, not as if to plagiarize any of those resources -- so, with formal reference, as such -- I do plan on developing  a set of personal notes, in this study. I would like to publish my notes, as such, here at my DSP42 web log, while proceeding along in the study.

Presently, I'm using the Google Chrome web browser. I mention this, as to denote a convenient feature that is avaialble in the Google Chrome web browser and its baseline, Chromium, namely: Both editions of the browser are integrated seamlessly with Google Translate, Essentially, this serves to allow for a web-based translation of pages loaded in the browser, such that doesn't even require a direct visit to .Google Translate. That feature, in turn, may serve to assist the reader for interpreting pages at the Russian language Wiktionary

Returning to denote a matter with regards to non-digital resources, in this language study: The first study resource that I would like to denote, here, it is in regards to a term of greeting, a word like "Hello," with two distinct expressions:

Those words are both denoted, in the Lexvo dictionary at the links, each as an interjection, in a grammatical regards. More directly, each expression represents a sense of greeting -- whether respectively to a casual audience, or to a formal audience.

Considering that it's become a fairly early hour in the morning while I've been writing this article, I will conclude this study, shortly. One matter that I would like to denote before publishing this revision 1.0 of this article: Russian is a friendly, succinct language.

Updating this article:

Resources abound, for studying the Russian language. This article, individually, may represent simply an effort towards presenting a number of resources that the author is familiar with, if not towards developing any single manner of a conceptual, ontological view of a semantic bridge between the English and Russian languages.

In the latter regards, as well as Lexvo and Wiktionary, there is also the Yet Another Russian WordNet (YARN) project developing an original, semantically structured Wordnet lexicon in Russian.

In a technical view, the WordNet manual pages may serve to provide something of a sense to the conceptual structures in which the WordNet lexicon, itself, is defined.

Focusing on Common Lisp programming language, specifically there are Vsevolod Dyomkin's notes about NLTK 2.3 - Working with Wordnet in Common Lisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment